CAMDEN MIRACLE LEAGUE SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
Welcome back to Miracle League Baseball! As we return to play, our mission continues: to allow individuals of all abilities the chance to learn and play the wonderful game of baseball. In order to do so, we ask parents, athletes, coaches, volunteers, and guests to join us in returning to play responsibly by learning and following our new ground rules. These guidelines are meant to decrease potential exposure to respiratory droplets by encouraging social distancing and allowing for protective equipment during play.
COVID WAIVER PRINT AND SIGN (click this link): SPRING 2021 COVID Waiver
FIRST STEPS TO STAY HEALTHY
- Hand Washing – We recommend that you wash your hands often. When soap and water is not available, we have hand sanitizer placed throughout the facility for your frequent use.
- Social Distancing – Please maintain at least 6 feet between yourself and others. We ask that only immediate family members/caregivers attend games at this time.
- Face Coverings – We highly encourage participants and spectators who are able to wear masks or face coverings while at the Miracle League field when social distancing is not possible.
- Cleaning & Disinfecting – Please be patient as our staff performs more frequent cleaning. Help do your part by keeping your area clean and disposing of trash.
- Health Monitoring – Please stay home if you or anyone in your household are displaying any Covid19 symptoms. These include per CDC: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, congestion or runny nose, headache, muscle or body ache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- Please bring your own seating. While some bleacher space will be available, social distancing requirements will limit the availability of seats in the bleachers.
- Please do not congregate around the concession stand or bleacher areas.
BUDDIES AND OTHER VOLUNTEERS
- When possible, we ask that an immediate family member (or family member the child has often been around) age 12 or older to please sign up to be that player’s buddy for the season.
- To decrease points of contact, we are actively recruiting individuals to be recurring team buddies for the entire season. Volunteers should go to our website https://www.camdenmiracleleague.com/ to register.
- Players and volunteers will check-in at the right field gate.
- Baseballs will be designated to each team.
- Players are encouraged to bring their own helmet if used during batting. Players who use Miracle League helmets will be assigned a helmet for the game to eliminate sharing.
- Participants should bring their own filled water bottles or purchase one from the concession stand, as coolers will not be provided in the dugouts. (Water only on the field and in the dugouts.)
- Participants will social distance to line up for the National Anthem and announcements.
DURING THE GAME
- Face masks are highly encouraged for all participants.
- Dugouts will be expanded down the fence line. Please refrain from interacting through the fences to help with social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the dugouts and is intended to be used upon entering and exiting the dugout, including between innings.
- Bats will be disinfected between each use.
- Please do not share your glove with anyone.
- One ball will be used per team and disinfected frequently.
- Foul balls and home run balls will be disinfected before return to play.
- Please avoid high-fives, handshakes, and hugs.
- Homer will not be present this season.
- In lieu of handshaking lines, each team will line up on their base path, tip their caps or wave to the opposing team, and then to their fans.
- All participants will exit the right field gate, practicing social distancing as much as possible.
- Please clean up all your trash and items in the stands to limit contact.
- Please promptly leave the ball field so the next team can get started.
BETWEEN THE GAMES
- Frequently touched areas in restrooms, bleachers, and dugouts will be disinfected.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Concessions will be limited to individually wrapped snack type items and drinks. No hotdogs, pickles, hot chocolate, or coffee will be sold.
Throughout the season as medical and governmental guidance changes, our Safety Guidelines policies will continue to evolve. All updates will be communicated to participants in advance of their event. Updates will be posted on our Facebook and sent via email.
USE SOUND JUDGEMENT
This has been a difficult time for all our Miracle League families. Social distancing, face masks, and many other restrictions we have been dealing with are tough for our players to understand. While the League will do its best to make accommodations and provide the best experience possible for all of our participants we also recognize that not everyone will be ready to return to the ball field with the guidelines we are required to uphold. You know your situation best. We depend on you to make the best decision for your family while considering others who are participating and following the guidelines set upon the League.